Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Busy busy Busy!!

So I started off a few weeks ago just casually starting my summer holidays off from Uni. I had so much planned, including getting a job, reading and aim to do a lot of costume drawing.

But then I started randomly writing a blog and have talked to amazing authors through it! I also was asked to read and review an AMAZING new book by Nabille De La Luz, which hasn't been release yet!

And...My ceiling in my room collapsed due to 20 year old plumbing:P So whilst doing all this blogging and working and reading, I have had no room and have been sleeping on a couch, in a room full of spiders and dogs who come and jump up on me at 4 in the morning wanting me to take them out to go to the loo.

However ever the optimist, as my ceiling collapsed! I have been able to completely re vamp my room from the Gothic style my older sister had stylised it as, to a bright and sunny room that makes you feel like your being hugged by a marshmallow!

However as all of this has been going on, I haven't been able to read much these few weeks, however I will soon put up the review of The Passage by Nabille De La Luz on my review page!

In addition, I have also in my spare time, been drawing a few costume designs based on the book For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, which will be posted on the Costume Design page once I've scanned then in!

So as I've sort of updated you on whats been happening with me, lets talk BOOKTUBE-A-THON!!

And yes I know that technically I'm not on booktube, I'm still taking part in the challenges (sort of)! As everyone probably knows the Booktube-a-thon started at midnight on the 14th July and will finish Saturday. And during that time you need to complete specific challenges to 'win', though as its more for fun, and there's no prize except the feeling of achievement, you don't really need to panic. Just enjoy having an excuse to read!!

But here is the list of books I've read/ going to read for the Thon!

Book given to me by someone else
The Passage by Nabille De La Luz! (She sent me her ARC so that counts!)

Book Cover with Red
Daughters of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Finish a Series
If I should Die by Amy Plum

Genre Read Least this Year (Historical Fiction)
/Book movie Adaptation
The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory

Seven Books
The Assassin's Blade (5 stories)
(and all the other books that aren't doubled up so I'm actually reading 8 stories!!)

So far I've read The Passage and will post the review up after the Thon (sorry Nabille, if your reading this I know your eager to see my review), and I'm right now reading daughters of Smoke & Bone (and loving it)!

But I would just like to take the moment and seriously thank Nabille De La Luz for letting me experience what it's like to read an ARC, and see a glimpse of behind the scenes of publishing a book!! I am very interested to see how the final differs from the Beta version, especially as the concept, characters and the scenery was so magical and different, but I'll talk about all that in my review. But truly, thank you Nabille De La Luz!!! I will be recommending your book to everyone and anyone who will listen, and boast that I've read it and they have to wait! MWHAHAHA!!!

Now I'm off to go read on my little couch :P

Thank You and Keep Reading


I've pasted the Goodread pages of the books (not the author as usual) down below

The Passage
Daughter of Smoke and Bone
If I Should Die
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Assasin's Blade


Facebook
Twitter
Goodread