Thursday, 23 October 2014

Taylor Swift Book Tag!!!!

Apologies for the late post, but The Doctor dropped me off late! I TOLD him to drop me off mid September, but instead he dropped me off in mid October!
Well, on with the blog.

As you may have guessed, i've been crazed with getting back into uni life. I also, depressingly enough haven't read in nearly a month which if probably the longest time i've not read for. But that doesn't mean I can't talk about previous book series i've read. And the way i will be doing this is with the Taylor Swift Book Tag!

I'm using the same questions as the original booktube video and adding one of Katastics extra questions

1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with.

For this question, I would definitely choose the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. I know you are all probably going to group together and try and get at me with fires and pitchfolks, but the reason that I dislike this series, and I will say dislike is too much of a strong word, is that I grew up. I've read all the books in the series but the last. I have it, but am not desperate to read, and will probably never read it. Jennifer Armentrout is defiantly one of my favorite authors, but it was that one series of hers which I found was too similar to Richelle Meads Vampire Academy series. However I will say that it is well written and I do recommend this series to the teenagers my mum tutors with learning disabilities.


2. Red - pick a book with a RED cover.

The book that I'm picking which has a red cover is any of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. This series starts out as one of my favourite vampire Urban series. I actually discovered it when i was 14. Anita is this kick ass vampire executioner who can raise the dead. It was an amazing series, I loved the banter between characters and the police aspect of the books. BUT then the 'ardeur' appeared and all the books became about sex and power, not a storyline. It went from one of my ffavorite series to probably scarring me for life. So if your going to read these books, I suggest you stop once you get up to book Cerulean Sin (book 11). Possibly one or two books previous, whatever your comfortable with. But I do have to say that it was one heck of a series, damn Hamilton can write!



3. The Best Day - pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.

A book that makes me probably feel most nostalgic is probably Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It was the first book series I read which none of my friends had read them selves so it was a step up from the first book I read (which was Twilight). Even now I'm recalling reading the synopsis for the first time!

4. Love Story - pick a book with forbidden love.

Now I know you are going to get sick of my saying this authors name, but Richelle Mead's series Georgina Kincaid is fantastic! Forbidden love between Human and Succubus, excellent idea. A succubus who doesn't want to be a succubus, again, amazing, and lastly SHE WORKS IN A BOOK SHOP!!!!





5. I Knew You Were Trouble - pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love.

Now this can be difficult to define as I am a big series reader, and sometimes you get character which are 'evil', that turn good, or the other way round. Anyway, I will say Ryu from Jane True by Nicole Peeler. He starts out kind of good, but then ends up showing his true colours and becomes a complete jerk. I haven't read the whole series yet, so sorry if you have and you discover that he is a decent guy or something, but were i am in the series he is a s***face.



6. Innocent (written b/c of Kanye West!) - pick a book that someone ruined the ending for.

Hmmm, luckily I usually read books before the kirb. I'm usually the one who accidentaly spoils the books (sorry!) But I would probably say Harry Potter, Twilight or Golden Compass as they were the books I read after my friends and they would keep on mentioning thing and I'd be like, errrrmmm, haven't read that yet :O

7. Everything Has Changed - pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.

Hmmm, tricky. Especially as I try to find books with mass character developement. But the book series I've just recently read which is fantastic for character developement, is Samantha Youngs, On Dubin Street series. Each of the books is one characters story, so each character goes through their journey. Great stories, great family, great characters. What else can you ask for!!!

8. You Belong With Me - pick your most anticipated book release.

Hmm, right now I can't wait for Robin LaFevers third book to come out as im in the mood for a great adventure, kickass book, but i want to discover a new series too.


9. Forever and Always - pick your favorite book couple.

Lookin at all my books, what pokes out is Ashton and Nathan from No Attachment by Tiffany King. Tiffany King is an amaing author who isn't that well know. She's only known by her super fans, if you know what I mean!!! Read Her, Love Her!!




10. Come Back, Be Here - pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much.

One Word.......OUTLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!! (By Diana Gabaldon)


11.Shake It Off-pick a book that you love so much that you shake off the haters.

hmmm, this is hard!! Im very openly critical about book I hate and enthusiastic happy about the ones I love. If any, I would say the Black Dagger Brotherhood series as people hate it as the series, like Anita Blake, turns very sexual as you go through the series. But, unlike Anita Blake, there storylines are never disturbed by these aspects. However, this series I still defo only to be read by new adult-adult.



Thank You and Keep Reading!!!

1. 1st Book of Covenant Series
2. 1st Book of Anita Blake
3. Vampire Academy
4. Georgina Kincaid
5. Jane True Series
6.N/A
7. On Dublin Street
8. 3rd Book of Grave Mercy
9. No Attachment
10. Outlander Sries
11. 1st Book of Black Dagger Brotherhood


Goodreads
Facebook
Twitter